LET’S FILL THESE DRAGON BOATS!
As a result of the “Come Try Dragonboating” event held by Fast and Furious , there are a number of people looking for teams.
Need paddlers? . . . Read on . . . Can you help steer or call for a new team? Read on . . If your team could use some fresh, keen recruits, please contact Lori Pederson (firstname.lastname@example.org) and she will steer people your way. (Men or Women). There are currently 8 women looking for a team that goes out once a week.
However, If you have people on a waiting list who want to get out there with a team sooner rather than later then please have these people also contact Lori as there is a good potential for a new team to be formed for Tuesday night 6:45 practice time. This would be a women’s team more than likely.
The coaching position for the new team will be filled by Denise, provided we get it organized. We will need a steers person / or someone to train as a steers and qualified steers to train them. We may be able to get the new steers out with other teams to train. We will also be looking for a drummer. If you like to yell at people, this is the position for you!.
ANNUAL ORDER for PADDLES, PFDs and ACCESSORIES
Timetable for paddle order:
• order request out April 07
• it is expected that all DB members have their own PDF’s and Paddles
• complete order form
• make out one single cheque per team to FLCC
• order form and cheque ( made out to FLCC ) returned to the McLellan’s (can be done through drop box at DB dock ) by April 25
• NO Late Orders will be accepted
• order to Western Canoe the week of April 28
• orders complete mid May, 2014 ( captains / reps will be contacted )
Salus Eddy Flex PDF’s
• colours: black, red, blue, lime, mango, pink (go on line to view )
• sizes: XS –S – SM – ML – LXL – L2XL
• Western Canoe recommended the Salus Eddy’s, however, any of the PDF’s may be ordered
PARKING IN THE CANOE DOCK AREA: The filming of Cedar Cove is set to start mid-April. The Bedford House parking lot will be unavailable. Parts of the Marina Park parking lot and the waterfront path & deck will also be unavailable when they are actually filming. Please look for alternative parking and consider car-pooling.
Welcome to the Fort Langley Canoe Club
Canoeing and Kayaking – Exciting paddling sports for all ages.
Coaching and encouragement, courses and programs are all available at the club. If you would like to see the action, speak to a member or try out one of the Canoeing disciplines, visit us in Fort Langley, just next to the Jacob Haldi Bridge.